August 2, 2018
MHP IS HIRING!
MHP Structural Engineers is a growing 36+ person firm located in Long Beach, CA. We offer challenging and exciting projects in a relaxed, professional environment at our new collaborative office near the Long Beach airport. Our work includes a great variety of project types in the education, hospitality, healthcare, and commercial sectors. We have core beliefs in strong communication, fostering employee growth, and serving the community. We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the following positions:
Project Engineer / Engineering Analyst
- Must have between 2 and 10 years’ structural engineering experience
- Extensive modeling experience, including seismic evaluation and retrofit of existing buildings
- ASCE 41 experience
Desired Licenses and Experience
- MS or PhD in Structural Engineering
- PE or SE License
- Expertise in non-linear analysis of buildings including pushover and time-history modeling
- Experience with OSHPD, DSA and viscous dampers a plus
CAD/BIM Designer (Entry Level Drafting Position)
- Candidate should have 1-2 years of training/education of Architectural or Structural CAD using AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Revit experience preferred.
- Internship or on-the-job experience is a plus, but not required.
- You will create simple structural plans and details under the direction and supervision of a very experienced CAD/BIM team.
- Work closely with and receive instructions from a number of different engineers in the office.
- Create “as-built” plans based on legacy drawings for use on current upgrade or retrofit projects.
- Scanning of large format drawings
If you have any samples of your drafting work that you would like to share, please include (in PDF format) in your email.
If you or anyone you know is looking for a new role with a forward-thinking and financially performing company, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in learning more about working for MHP? Click here to learn more about our office, culture, and benefits.
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision | Employment Type: Full-Time